We Want Your Used Gear!
How Does Consignment Work?
3 Rivers Outdoor Co. sells used outdoor equipment and apparel as well as new. We sell used gear brought to us by you our customers and sell it on consignment. We believe that great gear is out there waiting to resume its useful life. Re-using and re-selling good quality gear is not just good for the pocket book it minimizes our eco-footprint. Used gear can help someone looking to explore a new outdoor sport get started where cost can sometimes be prohibitive.
- We only accept "gently" used outdoor equipment and brand name outdoor apparel brands. Items must be clean and in working condition and still have useful life remaining.
- We are looking for quality outdoor brands like Patagonia, Black Diamond, Mountain Equipment, Merrell, Mont-bell, Prana, Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, Outdoor Research, Sierra Designs, MSR, Chaco, to name a few.
- We will NOT accept fashion brands, like Old Navy, GAP, Calvin Klein, Nike, Under Armour, Carhart, and other brands. If you are unsure what we accept please call us or message us to ask before you make a trip. email@example.com / 412-871-5038
- All items requiring batteries must have batteries so it can be tested. All items must be operable.
- All tents will be set up in shop with an employee to ensure working condition.
- Items that are DIRTY, RIPPED, TORN, HAVE HEAVY WEAR, or have STRONG ODORS, or are MISSING PARTS will NOT be accepted for consignment.
- Team sporting goods brands and equipment will NOT be accepted. i.e soccer, football, lacrosse, ect or exercise equipment like treadmills or weights.
- 3ROC staff will make the final call of whether any item is accepted which can be based on condition, current stock, seasonal requirements, or price.
- We reserve the right to refuse any item but will do our best to serve your needs.
- The sale price of each item will be negotiated with you and a staff member. Prices will be no greater than 70% of original MSRP.
- Items Priced $0-299 will receive 60% of the FINAL sale price as store credit or 50% as a cash value.
- Items Priced $300-$599 will receive 70% store credit or 60% cash value.
- Items Priced $600+ will receive 75% store credit or 70% cash value.
- UPON REQUEST Cash value is available for pickup in store by check on the 1st or 3rd Tuesday of every month.
- 3ROC is NOT able to make payouts in CASH.
- Items may be discounted at the discretion of 3ROC starting at the 1st of the following month. Example; item is consigned on March 15th. April 1st the item will be discounted up to 10%, 3ROC may thereafter further discount the item as it deems necessary. The amount and timing of the discount is solely within the discretion of 3ROC.
- Items may be picked up anytime by the consignor and remain the property of the consignor until they are sold.
- After 90 days, 3ROC will send out an email notification of UNSOLD ITEMS. Items NOT picked up by consignor within 2 weeks of the 90 Day notification become the property of 3 Rivers Outdoor Co. and will be donated to a local charity.
WE WILL BEGIN TAKING SPRING/SUMMER ITEMS FOR CONSIGNMENT IN MID-APRIL BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
PLEASE CONTACT US AT firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to bring items in.
Once 3ROC officially opens, we will have regularly scheduled consignment drop-off hours.
- Paddling clothing and accessories (Paddles, PFDs)
- Bike accessories and apparel
- Trail running shoes
- Summer footwear (sandals, water shoes)
- Summer apparel (shorts, t-shirts, tank tops)
- Bathing suits and board shorts
- Camping equipment
- All-season tents
- Sleeping bags
- Sleeping pads
- Internal frame/frameless backpacks
- All-season clothing
- Outdoor footwear
- Gently used climbing hardgoods, such as cams and belay devices (we will not accept used softgoods such as ropes and harnesses due to safety concerns)
- Climbing shoes
- Climbing helmets (must be new with tags and/or box)
- Modern headlamps
- Stoves and cooking equipment
- Pocket knives and multi-tools
- Seasonal roof rack accessories (ski carriers during the winter season, kayak carriers during spring/summer)*
Currently NOT Accepting
- Skis, snowboards, and ski/snowboard boots
- Ski bindings
- Snowboard bindings
- Winter clothing
- Kayaks and canoes
- Intimate apparel
- External frame backpacks
- Cotton t-shirts/sweatshirts
- Roof rack Fit Kits/Foot Packs
- Fashion brands (J. Crew, American Eagle, Abercrombie, Old Navy, etc.)
- Most cotton pants and shorts
How to Get Started
- You will complete a 3ROC Consignment application in the store and we will create a consignment account in your name.
- If you wish you can select to donate a portion of your earnings to a local non-profit we are currently partnering with at the time of consignment. More details will be available in the store.
- You may select to have items NOT SOLD after 90 days to be automatically donated or to be NOTIFIED for pickup.
- If you have more than 10 items we ask that you come prepared with a list of all items that includes;
- Item Description
- Desired Selling Price
- Original MSRP (if possible)
Schedule an appointment for consignment or ask us a question about consigning gear.